What is ELT Techniques?
ELT Techniques (ELT-T) is the first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) dedicated to the professional development of English language teachers worldwide.
Our next course begins on November 18 but you can join us ANYTIME.
Enrollment will remain OPEN.
Enroll for FREE at ANY TIME
ELT-T consists of virtual classes, collaborative work by participants, and social engagement around content. It is designed for anyone teaching children or adults, in large or small groups, and in public or private schools. It is also appropriate for teachers-in-training.
Whether you are working part-time, full-time, or not at all, you'll find that ELT-T easily suits your schedule.
You do NOT need to have special knowledge of technology to participate in this course.
ELT-T is overseen by Jason R Levine (Fluency MC) with the help of Sylvia Guinan, Dr. Nellie Deutsch, and a team of passionate English teacher facilitators from around the world.
- Jack Askew of Teaching ESL Online
- Drew Badger of EnglishAnyone
- Sean Banville of Breaking News English
- Kip Boahn of Virtlantis
- Dr. Christel Broady of Georgetown College
- Mau Buchler of Tripppin
- Dr. Nellie Deutsch of IT4ALL and WizIQ
- Adir Ferreira of Transparent Language
- Charles Goodger of English FunSongs
- Sylvia Guinan of ESLbrain and WizIQ
- Tony Gurr of Momentum Learning Solutions
- Vicki Hollett of Simple English Videos
- Jennifer Lebedev of English with Jennifer
- Jason R. Levine of ColloLearn and WizIQ
- Paul Maglione of English Attack!
- Stephen Mayeux of ESLhiphop
- Justin Murray of Real Life English
- Carissa Peck of mELTing Activities
- Chuck Sandy of iTDi
- Rachel Smith of Rachel's English
- Shelly Sanchez Terrell of The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators
- Teresa Hecht Valais of University of Dayton Center for Intl. Programs
- Andrew Weiler of Strategies in Language Learning
- Jason West of English Out There
Participants who complete four Class Tasks and participate actively in discussions receive certificates of completion at the end of the course.
To Enroll in ELT-T:
Click the "Enroll For Free" button on this page. If you are a member of WizIQ, you will be enrolled automatically. If you are new to WizIQ, you will be asked to simply provide your name and email address.
About our classes:
- All classes are taught live in the virtual classrooms of WizIQ.
- When a class is scheduled, you receive an email notification requesting that you join.
- Before each class, you do a short Pre-Class Task with materials selected by the presenter.
- All classes are recorded and available for viewing at any time.
- If you attend the class live, you can ask questions and make comments in the Chat Box.
- After the class, we engage in facilitated online discussion in WizIQ and on social platforms, such as Facebook. You do a Post-Class Task, either on your own or with another participant.
- Participants have the option to present their work in a WizIQ classroom at the end of the course.
Language of instruction: English