Teachers Teaching Online
Build and grow your presence as an online teacher!
Course Start Date: 15 Jun 2014
Teachers Teaching Online will show you how to succeed as an online teacher. Whether you're looking to get started or wish to sharpen your skills, TTO is for you!
There is no end date for this course. You can join us anytime and learn at your own pace.
Click here to see the class schedule.
In this course, Jason R. Levine introduces you to a variety of online teaching experts, all of whom possess exceptional talent for engaging learners. Each live session consists of a different expert demonstrating their skills and sharing knowledge of their experience.
List of Presenters:
Jack Askew, Mark Barnes, Marisa Constantinides, David Deubelbeiss, Dr. Nellie Deutsch, Sylvia Guinan, Vicky Hollett, Rich Kiker, Jason R. Levine, Vicky Loras, Nik Peachey, Heike Philp, Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto, Chuck Sandy, Ludmila Smirnova, Graham Stanley, Shelly Sanchez Terrell,Liz Walker, Andrew Wickman
You have the choice of attending the classes live (where you can meet and interact with the presenters) or watching the video recordings afterwards.
NOTE: This course is designed for busy teachers! It will NOT require much of your time. To receive a Certificate of Participation, you need only attend or watch four (4) one-hour classes, chat on the class pages, and take short online quizzes to check your understanding of the material.
Topics Covered Include:
- Creating courses based on live classes
- Creating courses based on pre-recorded videos
- Building your audience and marketing your courses
- Using blended learning and the flipped classroom
- Using virtual classroom tools, such as the whiteboard and media player
- Exploiting virtual classroom features, such as the chat box, webcams, and screen sharing
- Teaching small groups, big groups, and one-to-one lessons Assigning homework and assessing student progress
Course Structure and Schedule
- Join anytime and learn at your own pace.
- Click here to see the class schedule
- Classes take place in the virtual classrooms of WizIQ
- All classes are recorded so you can watch whenever like
- Engage in pre and post class chats in WizIQ
- Take short online quizzes to check your understanding
- Earn a Certificate of Participation issued by WizIQ and signed by the instructor
Language of instruction: English